Pumpkin Spice Body Butter
Fall is just around the corner and we can’t wait for all the fun that this season has in store. The mix of vibrant fall colors adorning the trees combined with the sound of kids laughing as they go trick or treating is one of our favorite things; and is probably what makes this particular season stand out from the rest of the year.
These fond and familiar images may bring a smile to your face but pleasure moments aside, this is the time of year in particular when you have to protect yourself and your family's delicate skin from the cold and dry weather that’s about to rush in.
Its true that It’s good to keep a moisturizer handy any time of the year but there’s just something extra about the cold months, that extra bite to the wind, that makes your skin thirst for moisture. Sure, your regular moisturizer may work wonders most of the time but during the Fall season, you will need that extra layer of protection that also works to replenish moisture on your skin.
There are many products out there that promise to give you supple skin despite the dry weather. But then again, how sure are you that the products you’re buying are free of chemicals that may harm you and your family in the long-run? Well, it’s time to take your skin care routine for this season to the next level with this do-it-yourself body butter that is perfect for the coming months.
- ½ cup Mango Butter
- ½ cup Shea Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Pumpkin Seed Oil
Optional: Organic Pumpkin Spice seasoning (to taste)
- Set up a double boiler on your stove top and set your stove to medium heat.
- Put in all the ingredients into the bowl and be stir it frequently until melted.
- Add the pumpkin seasoning if desired, according to your preference -1 tsp suggested. You can increase incrementally from there.
- Once the ingredients have combined, set the mixture inside the fridge to cool for 1 hour or until a crust has begun to form.
- Prepare a hand mixer and pull out your mixture from the fridge.
- Whisk the mixture for 10 minutes or until fluffy.
- Put it back in the fridge for another 10-15 minutes for it to set.
- Store in a container with a lid and enjoy!
With its delectable aroma, this body lotion is perfect for fall!
The mixture of Mango and Shea butter allows it to absorb easily into the skin and ensures that your skin is hydrated all the time.
So what are you waiting for?
Start putting together this simple but handy DIY recipe and enjoy more healthy and supple skin this fall!